Urinary Incontenence

Guest kar

Guest kar

Snow my seven year old with kidney disease now seems to have developed urinary incontinence. She is on enapril for the kidney disease. Has started to pee in her sleep - unfortunately usually on my bed where she ends up at night. Had to to vet no uti. Does anyone have a dog with this. vet said it is unrelated to her kidney disease and he could put her on a medication. right now it is happening about once per week. anyone have a dog that is on medication for this and also has kidney disease any input would be appreciated.

Guest kar

he did not do a culture said he sees no reason to. I will call office on Monday. no one else has problems with urinary incontinence? I am just worried that I might be losing another dog. she just does not seem the same to me. but just had bloodwork 1 or 2 months ago and also did a urine/creatine ratio around that time. can't understand why she is so different.

Edited by kar

My dog is having the incontinence issues, but not kidney disease. I did a quick search in the forum (top right of the page) for kidney and incontinence and came up with a ton of links within Health & Medical. I didn't know if I could link my search, but it would be easy for you to do. Hopefully you can find some answers that way.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)