Allergies And Food Trials

Guest annickaandjef

Not sure how it compares in price to what your paying for the Primal, but if you scroll to the bottom of this page there are several options for ground duck with bone and organs.

https://www.hare-today.com/index.php?cPath=21_38

I've ordered goat through this company and have been really pleased with what I got.

Guest sirsmom

I agree with Mary Jane and start feeding ground beef and rice and see if she improves over a five day time. We have a mixed breed that cannot tolerate any food with flaxseed. She breaks out in bumps and scratches constantly. So it could be any ingredient including fish oil. Good luck with your beautiful girl.

Guest Lillypad

Hi, So happy to hear that you have found something that is working for Penny. I too started with store prepared raw food meals (don't use them now) because I lacked confidence and experience and wanted to be certain that I was making the best choice for my girl. I did as much research as possible and continue to do so. I encourage you to check out many sources of information, as well. I feel that with time you will gain confidence in yourself and find easier and more economical ways to feed raw. I purchase meats from many sources, and I have to say when I get a sale, it is as thrilling as getting a new pair of shoes. I found this article on Greytalk very helpful. I hope that Penny continues to see improvement and that you do not encounter any obstacles or setbacks. Best wishes, Janette + Lilly

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/242512-raw-feeding-basics/?hl=%2Bfeed+%2Bbasics

Guest itsagreytlife

Wonderful news for Penny and for YOU! I struggled with Selah's itching, licking, and 2ndary bacterial infections the whole first yr we had her. My vet was all about food trials, which was so hard as we had to eliminate all the simple treats and watch her like a hawk at meet & greets so no one would give her a taste of anything. Everybody thought I was way overprotective. We went the skin test route and found she had environmental allergies, and thank goodness no real food allergies. We were lucky to find she did well on NutriSource seafood. Did shots for awhile but found she did okay after discontinuing them.

Just wanted to tell you I know how stresssssful such a thing can be. I still wake up at night (3 yrs later) when I hear her licking! Thanks for being such a greyt dog owner! I bet things will get better and better for you guys as time passes. (I still have the big tshirts we used to cover her up--just in case!)

Best wishes!