Urine Speciman

Guest Sh3rryann

Ask your vet if they have the specimen cups for Urine. When Maddie had her UTI a few weeks ago, I had the little glad plastic cups and stuck it under her while she was going and it was fine. She did not pee on my hand. LOL. The vet gave me one of the speciment cups for the next test as the glad plastic cup may have contaminants on it. Their cup was sterile.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Ask your vet if they have the specimen cups for Urine. When Maddie had her UTI a few weeks ago, I had the little glad plastic cups and stuck it under her while she was going and it was fine. She did not pee on my hand. LOL. The vet gave me one of the speciment cups for the next test as the glad plastic cup may have contaminants on it. Their cup was sterile.

I agree with this - get a sterile container from the vet and catch a first morning specimen. It looks tougher to catch the sample than it is. You do not need much.

Guest Sh3rryann

My dog does like her privacy when she is doing her business so any ideas how I could catch her ? (she does have super eyes)

Edited by Sh3rryann