Bil Jac Frozen

Guest WhiteWave

Guest WhiteWave

Anyone ever fed it? I remember reading about it a long time ago and it was really popular back in the day. Maybe not so much now due to the ingredients, but I never tried it b/c it literally wasn't sold anywhere near me.

But today I went down the ice cream aisle at Walmart and what do I see, frozen Bil Jac in 1lb bag and 5lb bag plus frozen Bil Jac yogurt treats and some other doggie icecream treats. So I got a bag.

I remember it being good for putting on weight so I put a cup over Joey's kibble tonight and a little bit over the other dogs and Pongo ate an entire bowl! So I guess we will see how it goes. I wouldn't use it for full feed (except for maybe Pongo if he keeps eating it) but in place of can food occasionally as long as we don't get any negative results from it!

http://www.biljacfrozen.com/

Guest WhiteWave

Ingredients on my bag are different than what is posted on their site.

Bag says:

Beef tripe, chicken, dried bakery product, chicken by product meal, beef liver, dried beet pulp, cane molasses, brewers dried yeast, egg product vit/min.

Guest WhiteWave

Dogs loved it. I think Casper would probably kill for it! Got some coupons in the mail today so I'll try it for a while as a topper a few days a week. :)

Guest psdirector

I had an English Setter who was the pickiest eater I've ever seen - and she DEVOURED BilJac. It was the only dog food she would eat and I tried it because I had tried everything else and I was so sick of everyone telling me how skinny my dog was, as if I didn't know. We always referred to her as ADHD dog - if you got her interested in eating and the tiniest sound or movement got her attention, she was over it and left. BilJac had her complete, undivided attention. Go figure.