Getting More Difficult To Rise

Thanks very much MandysMom.

We actually currently take Ryder to a chiropractor monthly, so I'm no stranger to additional therapy. We have considered taking Kasey in as well. We did take him for an adjustment once when we went with Ryder. Although the person performing it said he was a little outta whack, IMO he didn't really benefit greatly for it. I would not hesitate however to take him with Ryder if I see him degrading any further. In fact, he really is improving. I haven't seen him struggle as much, get as shakey when getting up after lying down, nor does he hesitate to get up the stairs any more. There is no doubt these supplements are doing something for him.

I'm actually considering booking a course to learn how to do massage on my dogs. I remember seeing something about it a long time ago, but never really pursued it further. With Ryder needing it, I might have to just learn how to do it myself, and do it to Kasey as well.

In addition, our vet did get back to us with info for potential meds if we wanted to put Kasey on anything.

Diagnosis - Arthritis

Meds would run $2-$3 a day

Deracoxib 100mg chewable tabs, 1/2 tab daily

or

Meloxicam 100ml bottle (would last 1.5 months)

Another suggestion from her was to feed him a kibble diet formulated for joints and prevent inflammation, etc. Fat chance of that happening. They will be fed raw until the day they die.

I just wish I'd be able to give them some sort of anti-inflammatory if I can tell they are in a bit of pain. We take advil for headaches, but can't give anything to the boys. :(

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015