Fruit!

Guest grey_dreams

Guest grey_dreams

Zuki and Zariel (galgos) would never ever eat any fruit or vegetable. Zhivaya (ex-racing greyhound) loves fruit! Bananas, apples, pears, he really loves them. I've read that its ok for them to eat, but just wanted to check in here for pros and cons. I only give him a couple of small pieces. So far, so good (no diarrhea). I thought it was funny that the galgos were not the least bit interested in fruit and Zhivaya loves it!

Neither of my galgos would touch fruit, but most of my greyhounds have loved it. :dunno:D

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Our retired greyhound LOVES fruit and most vegetables. Though it's only an occasional treat. At times when we walk him in the evening we'll take a banana or apple for ourselves to tie us over 'til dinner. It's rare that we don't get suckered in to sharing it with our GH. :)

Guest undergreysspell

Gracie loves bananas, blueberries, and green beans. Doesn't care for strawberries, apples, or carrots - sometimes she grazes my veggie garden and nibbles on broccoli.