Is Pedigree "plus" Discontinued?

Betty does well on the Pedigree Plus "Healthy Digestion" canned dog food, which is typically mixed with Science Diet G/D kibble and a little bit of Beneful kibble. But it's been disappearing from a couple of stores near my house, and I'm wondering if anyone has noticed similar things or had heard of any official discontinuation.

A few weeks ago, the local Target (just a few blocks from my house) put it on 'Clearance', and this week it was totally gone as they had re-organized their dog food and got rid of a few brands and varieties.

Another local grocery store also had their "Pedigree Plus" food on 'Clearance', although they didn't carry the "Healthy Digestion" variety. A friend of mine who works for the local grocery chain told me that clearance does not necessarily mean that it's going away, but with two stores running out, I'm getting worried.

The local Wal-mart (about 6-7 blocks from my house) has carried it, but last time I was there I took the last 10 cans they had out, and I've had a hard time searching Wal-mart's web site. Signs are not looking good.

While the Pedigree Plus canned food got a low rating on Dog Food Advisor, the 'Healthy Digestion' does not seem nearly as bad as the one they reviewed, as it has less amount of overall ingredients, and (as a side effect) less of the controversial ingredients. The important things have been that Betty has done well on it, and that it's been available close to home (I don't drive, so being able to easily carry 8 cans or so home once a week is important).

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Betty "Beauty" Joan. 63B-21375. June 2003 - March 2015. Thank you pretty girl!

Don't know, but you might check petfooddirect.com and some of the other online retailers. If no one has it nearby, you could order some to tide you over until your local stores carry it again or you find a good substitute.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? They should be able to give you the scoop. There should be a phone number on the label or you could check their website for contact info.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

I'll give them a call tomorrow and check wal-mart later this week.

Did not know about PetFoodDirect. That may be the service I really need so I don't have to carry these things home from the grocery any more and be subject to the whims of their stock list.

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Betty "Beauty" Joan. 63B-21375. June 2003 - March 2015. Thank you pretty girl!