Optic Neuritis/oculormotor Nerve Damage

My non grey presented with a dilated pupil in her left eye that is non reactive to light. A trip to the vet showed no glaucoma (pressures were normal in both eyes), no cataract, and no scrapes or abrasions to the eye. Her eye is drifting to the left (outward) and a bit down. The vet thinks she has something wrong with her oculomotor nerve - which could be caused by anything from an infection to a tumor.

I'm going to make an appt with a vet ophthalmologist tomorrow (probably at the University) but was wondering if anyone here had any experience with this in the mean time???

VPCTshirtLogo3-1-1.jpg

petblink7.gifpetblink63.gif

"Speak your mind - even if your voice shakes" - Maggie Kuhn

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not" - Unknown

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "Oh Crap. She's up." - Unknown

Phoenix's pupils stopped dilating when he was 11. I took him to an opthamalogist, who said there wasn't really anything to worry about. He went on to say that this condition was more common in dogs with light coloured eyes, like Phene's. He passed away from osteo several months later (completely unrelated) so I never got to see any progression.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Saw the opthomologist and the nurologist today at the U. Everyone is leaning towards it being a brain tumor. It apparently is pretty rare. (not rare enough - if you ask me).

She goes in for an MRI and spinal tap tomorrow. I'll keep it updated.

VPCTshirtLogo3-1-1.jpg

petblink7.gifpetblink63.gif

"Speak your mind - even if your voice shakes" - Maggie Kuhn

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not" - Unknown

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "Oh Crap. She's up." - Unknown