Good Guide

Guest sirsmom

Guest sirsmom

I came across Goodguide.com. They have a dog food rating system based on health, society etc and for a change, Science Diet is rated no. 1 and some of the pricier,boutique foods are on the bottom. Interesting read for those interested.

Guest BrianRke

I strongly disagree with their "findings". I couldnt find anywhere on the site where they sited the actual research done by the alleged "scientists" LOL This site is a joke!!! :lol

If you want accurate ratings of dog food, go to Dogfoodadvisor.com

When you try to click on **How goodguide rates petfoods** it comes up, PAGE NOT AVAILABLE

When Science Diet and ProPlan are in the top 5, something is seriously wrong!

Edited by BrianRke

It is odd that EVERY SINGLE top rated food at Goodguide is made by Hills. :unsure

I personally also find Dogfoodadvisor a similar a pile of poop. Almost all the reviews are by the "editor" and based on ingredients fed into a computer. If the "editor" doesn't like ingredient XXXX the food is crummy. I feed a three star and a four star food based on their ratings so I'm not feeding cardboard, but I have zero faith in them as a guide.

Of course the best guide is really your dog.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I'm rather cynical so question most rating systems. I assume that somewhere along the way toward a final evaluation, someone's personal biases become part of the evaluation or there is money from a manufacturer passing through hands.

When it comes to dog food and a discussion of what's good and bad, I just think back 20, 30, 40, etc., years ago when we fed what was available and what our dogs liked. Granted, some ingredients are not so good, but if my dog is healthy and her poop is good, in my opinion, I'm feeding her a winning dog food.

Under Science Diet it says, "Desirable Ingredients in High Quantities - Soybean Meal." None of the desirable ingredients are meat products. It's all vitamins, corn, wheat and beet pulp. :blink:

Welness Core contains the following undesirable ingredients: Carrot, Parsley, Yucca Extract, Broccoli, Spinach, Flax Seed, Blueberries, Apples, Tomato Pomace. Yeah, the half a teaspoon of each in each 30lb bag really makes a difference.

What a crock. Hubcitypam is right - this is corporate advertising posing as "scientific" ratings guide. No different than companies paying people to post good reviews for them online.

Guest verthib

I strongly disagree with their "findings". I couldnt find anywhere on the site where they sited the actual research done by the alleged "scientists" LOL This site is a joke!!! :lol

If you want accurate ratings of dog food, go to Dogfoodadvisor.com

When you try to click on **How goodguide rates petfoods** it comes up, PAGE NOT AVAILABLE

When Science Diet and ProPlan are in the top 5, something is seriously wrong!

Thank you! #1?

I use dog food advisor too.