Other Lupus Pups Have This Happen?

So I was rubbing Pop and noticed an area about 6" long by about 1/2" wide right next to his spine where the hair has come out and some lesions in the skin. So my questions are...has this happened to the other Lupus pups? Or did the dog door somehow scrape him there? His spine does stick up more than the other dogs...I checked Zelda and my foster and neither are having this issue, so I'm thinking it may have something to do with his Lupus. I put some Neosporin on it, but what else can I do?

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Is he taking a corticosteroid? Sometimes they can get a staph infection while taking pred from the compromised immune system.

He is on prednisolone, has been for about 2 1/2 weeks now. But the Prednisolone is only as needed...wondering if I should take him in to the vets?

I would take him in to get looked at. Patchy hair loss could be so many things- its best to have your vet evaluate him.

Are you using anything for flea control?

Right now no, it's freezing cold with some snow here. I'm thinking it's his lupus acting up, but I'll run him in to the vets.