Arm And Hammer White Bites

Guest BlackandTan

Guest GreyGary91806

Has ayone ever used these for treats. They seem to be the only treats that help Gary's breath and they last like 10 minutes.. which is long for him...http://www.kohepets.com.sg/product-detail.php?cid=1&scid=118&pid=1499&itemno=WBS%20406SM-12

Claire has dragon breath, the only thing I've found that works well (and longer than 10 min!) is CET oral rinse. I order it on Amazon, it keeps her breath good for hours and it is great for her teeth and gums...that's what it is really for.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Did you buy these recently? I believe I read Arm and Hammer is phasing out of manufacturing this product. I don't remember them being recalled by the FDA, so I don't know the reason. I just checked Arm and Hammer's Web site, these treats were not listed under their products.

I have yet to find a great soft dental treat that is safe and proven effective. Maybe others have(?).

It's hard to beat toothbrushing for healthy dental hygiene and keeping breath fresh. Our hounds love CET pet toothpaste. (So often disease begins in the mouth, then infects internal organs.)

Like Seeh2o, we use CET Oral Hygiene Rinse (guards against plaque) for one of our senior hounds who can no longer tolerate me brushing the back molars (illness). I use this on all hounds the week after professional veterinary dentals (before hound's gums are ready to resume brushing), or when I'm in a rush. It works well for breath (dogs/cats). It's quick and easy to use with a long applicator tip, the bottle stays upright.

We use hard "DuraChew" (flavored) bones (by Nylabone) for long lasting bone-like chewing dental care. If plaque doesn't have a chance to form, breath usually stays fresh.

Just recently tried Science Diet Dental Care Treats. My girls love them and they do seem to help. One of mine has only three chewing teeth left and so anything that helps her to keep those is a big plus in my book. Nothing takes the place of brushing, but these are a great addition.

Guest GreyGary91806

Yah after i posted i found that they were discontinued. Yes i just bout them the other day at an ocean state job lot i thought it was overstock that went there i didnt realize that it was discontinued stuff. It stinks cuz they really help his breath, he loves them and they took around 10 minutes to eat. I am going to by the spray and just continue brushing... How often to you all brush?

Plaque begins to harden within 12-24 hours so to stay ahead of it, daily brushing is best.

I was taught to brush Greyhounds' teeth a minimum of 10 strokes contacting every tooth (dog toothbrush with pet-safe toothpaste). The outside of the teeth are more important than the inside (I was told the tongue helps inside). Pay special attention to the back molar teeth/gums since that's where the saliva glands are located. Be careful of pressure, like human gums, it is possible to brush too hard which can make the dog's gums recede. Brushing is very quick, only a couple of minutes per dog, and the dogs consider the toothpaste taste like a treat. (Bare minimum, brushing every other day, and on the non-brush day using some type of dental care (like CET Oral Rinse directly on the gums/teeth).

Daily pet toothbrushing pays humans back in volumes by helping extend time between professional dental cleanings, extractions, avoiding spreading damaging bacterial disease to internal organs, and reducing number of required anesthesias. I keep hound toothbrushing items in the kitchen, plus a duplicate set in the master bathroom for extra convenience.

CET Toothpaste is the best I've ever found. Our hounds' favorite is poultry flavor. (Beef flavor tarter control toothpaste too.) CET products are available for very reasonable prices at www.entirelypets.com