Is Anyone Training A Therapy Greyhound?

My Gus passed his TDI therapy dog testing last night. :clap

I have a like-new custom made bandana that is embroidered with "Therapy Dog in training" that I will give away to a greyhound that will use it to wear in public while you are training him/her.

It is a turquiose blue with bold red lettering - it is an opposite color lay out of the official TDI bandanas. It closes with velcro and will fit most greyhounds.

We would like to pass it on to a hound that can use it. This isn't a great picture of it on Gus - but was taken in June at the Special Olympics.

P6040102.jpg

Who would like it? I'll mail it free of charge to the first greytalker who replies to this posting that is starting their obedience training for therapy dog certification.

Just post here then PM me your name and mailing address.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

That's awesome! I thought about doing it with my hounds, but one is afraid of being pet by strangers and whenever I'd bring the other to visit my grandmother in a nursing home, he'd hide under the bed for a nap. :lol . I don't think my dogs would be good therapy dogs. Maybe my next one.

Guest amazing_gracie

Awww congratulations!! That is one of our long-term goals. First we have to get to Canine Good Citizen. We've had our girl for almost a year now, and she LOVES people and most large dogs. Little dogs are a different story (!) and we're working on that!

Enjoy! :)

The bandana is still available - any takers? I know that there has to be someone out there that is actively training their greyhound to be a therapy dog right now .... :)

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge