Tail Caught And Is Bleeding

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

If you are really worried, just shave all the fur off around the wound that way you can get directly to the wound, clean it and keep it dry and clean. I have had a few fosters that get happy tail and that is what I do. I also take a tampon applicator slip it over the end of the tail and tape it to the tail. The cardboard is heavy enough that the hound can whack the tail against a wall and it protects the wound, but light enough so that it doesnt really weigh down the tail.

Chad

If you are really worried, just shave all the fur off around the wound that way you can get directly to the wound, clean it and keep it dry and clean. I have had a few fosters that get happy tail and that is what I do. I also take a tampon applicator slip it over the end of the tail and tape it to the tail. The cardboard is heavy enough that the hound can whack the tail against a wall and it protects the wound, but light enough so that it doesnt really weigh down the tail.

Chad

great idea ty

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜