Munchie Has Uveitis

Guest LittleGreys

Guest LittleGreys

Unbelievable. Just when I think she can't possibly get any worse or have anything else go wrong. We have been battling a corn as a well as something else on her foot, which got really bad on Wednesday evening to the point where she was non-weight bearing on that foot. We lanced it yesterday as it was very swollen and seemed to have a fluid pocket, but all we got out was a lot of blood. I noticed yesterday morning that her eyes were very red. We decided to try BNP/dex drops to see if that would help, hoping it was not uveitis. Her eyes are much worse this morning so we checked pressures, very low in both eyes. So now on pred drops. She is already on oral pred and azathioprine. She is alreay on antibiotics and pain meds. We decided if her foot does not clear up this time, we will amputate the toe. Very risky with the immune suppression, but euthanasia is the alternative, so why not try. Now I don't even know what else is going on with her. Vet says there is a possibility the foot "thing" is something systemic, causing the uveitis. Oy. The tough part is that she is much happier today than she has been for a week. On Sunday my husband said he realizes she has lost her spark and he thinks it may be time to let her go. I was reading on here yesterday where someone said you will know its time when your heart hurts from what your eyes see. My heart hurts to look at her, but this morning she was bouncing around squeaking her favorite toy while I was making her breakfast. She still gives me hugs. I can't do it.

Awwww. Poor Munchie! Sending hugs of comfort and prayers that a resolution is just around the corner.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

{{{{{{{{{{Munchie}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{Munchie's mom and dad}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.