Glucosamine Chondroitin

Guest weisster

G&G means "Get Up And Go" and I buy mine from Claudia Presto at www.Greyhoundgang.org I give mine 1/2 tsp. per day and it is 1600mg per 1/2 teaspoon. I have had to back off one of my greys because of IBD, but am giving it to the other with no problems yet.

I get ours from Puritan Pride also. We only are giving Glucosamine and msm. PP sells MSM in a powder form and I get the 1500 mg glucosamine tablets and crush them with a pill crusher. None of the dogs seem to mind that it's mixed into their food. Everyone get 1500 mg glucosamine and the old girls get 1500 mg msm daily.

So is this 1500 mg glucosamine daily or twice daily?

Also, is there any way to buy just chondroitin? I found a glucosamine HCl that is a 3000 mg pill (which I could halve after loading), but it doesn't have the chondroitin in it.

Puritan Pride does have just chondroitin here . Don't know what the dosage is for it but they only have it in 500 mg. I give 1500mg glucosimine once a day but they have been on it for a while so it's a maintenance level, not a loading dose

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

i get equine america glucosamine & msm in powder form, comes in 900 gram container (about 2 lbs.) and buy large gelatine capsules via ebay. i use them. millie gets the powder mixed in with her food. it's basicly pretty tasteless, it's glucosamine HCL, Dextrose, Maltodextrin, MSM, and sodium proprionate (preservative. it's also quite cheap at £16(US$26). one container lasts me about a year at the 1500mg/day level.

i did ask my vet (who is greyhound savvy)if it was OK, and he says that there is no difference between human and veterinary versions, and especially no difference between equine and canine versions. you should check to ensure that the fillers (ie. dextrose (a more digestable form of sugar), etc)are not something that the recipient is allergic to.

i do however occasionally whinney and paw the ground with my hoof...

Capture000-1.jpg

the photo is a bit deceptive, the container is 7 in. high x 5 in. in dia.

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.