What Should I Feed

Guest Sasha

We just adopted our second grey about 2 weeks ago. Our first one eats Taste of the Wild Lamb,and she does very good on it, he apparently will not eat that. We had a tough time getting him to eat in the first couple of days. What seems to work right now is Purina Pro Shredded Beef and Rice, mixed in with boiled hamburger, parmesan cheese and rice. I really like the outcome of using TOTW for our first dog. Her coat is amazingly soft and her stool is firm. He seems to ignore anything that is not beef related, including treats. Any suggestions on any other brand of food or treats that I can use, or should I just stick to what is working and not make a big deal about it. I guess my thing is, that he will not eat the food if I mix anything else in it (including fish oil for his coat). All he wants is beef and cheese. :)

On the upside: it seems after 2 weeks they have become friends!

Thanks,

Kathy

Have you tried adding just some cheese to some TOTW? If he's fresh off the track, that's what they're fed, beef with other things like rice or pasta added in so that may be why he's giving you a hard time. I think to wean him off the beef if you don't want to be fixing two different meals every day, I would add some of his beef food to the TOTW with some cheese added in and slowly increase the TOTW over a couple of weeks until you have him weaned off the beef.

If you don't mind feeding two foods then I'd stick with what works. I have two here who eat different food than the others because they have issues with grains.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee