Tony's Tummy Troubles

Guest leemc

Guest leemc

A friend of mine who also volunteers and takes her greys to meet and greets with our group recently adopted Tony. She already has 2 greys and brought home Tony 3 weeks ago. He is a slight bit nervous occassionaly but otherwise is very friendly and seems to love his new home. The problem is that he keeps having diarrhea. My friend has given him pumpkin, potatoes, and bananas. Nothing seems to work. She is in the process of changing his food. She is not much of a computer person so I told her I would post this for her. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

The change of kibble could cause the "Big D" as can "nerves" (being in a new environment). I just got Burdette 3 weeks ago and he is finally starting to firm-up :rolleyes: .

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

If he's nervous nelly, it may not stop until he adjusts. She might have him checked for worms before starting a food change.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest leemc

Thank you all... I will let her know :)

She also let me know something that I thought was absolutely unbelievable- and I thought I'd share it with you. Apparently he was already adopted but the adoptees returned him- because of his color. I was in shock when she told me that.......... In my opinion anyone who would return a dog because of his color doesnt deserve to adopt at all. Anyway, he is a very dark brindle and I think he is gorgeous !!!!

So maybe the stress of being returned and then foster from the group then Marian has him so confused....

It is so sad when people return a dog for reasons like that. Tony is much better off with your friend who will love him just because he is who he is. I love the dark brindles. I have one who will be 9 next month and now has the sweetest white face.

Lots of patience with the food change. I've tried to change food with my crew and they just do best on the food they currently are eating. Not the best quality so I add supplements.

june

Guest mbfilby

Myka had chronic D before she came home. We switched her to a grain free diet with grain free treats and she cleared up in a few days.