Hock Splint

Guest Diana

Guest Diana

So I finally got the medium sized hock splint from handicappedpets.com for Ali's rear left leg. Does anyone have photos of how it should look when it is on? The large seems too big but the medium doesn't come up over the hock...if it's supposed to support the hock/achilles tendon, shouldn't it go over the hock? There aren't any good photos on handicapped pets and I am getting frustrated!

Never used them from that company. Try this site and go to products. This is the company my vet uses. Go to products tab.

http://www.dogleggs.com/

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Yes, a hock splint should go over the hock. Here's a page with photos of a hock splint on Amazon.com. I believe it's the same one sold by handicappedpets.com as the photos look the same. The 'angle' of the support should correspond with the hock joint. It doesn't go all the way down to the ground to support the foot.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg