Peeing On Her Own Bed

Guest Sunset123

Guest Sunset123

Has your vet tested her sugar? Drinking loads can be a symptom of diabetes but they are usually mega hungry too. Some dogs drink a lot when they are stressed so maybe Arrisa is still adjusting to her new home. How we wish they could talk at times like this.

He didn't test her sugar. Normally she doesn't drink much water at all (I have to add water to her food because if she has no reason to visit her bowl she just won't bother unless she happens to be in the kitchen).

There are actually a few reasons she's been drinking a ton of extra water: 1)She definitely does drink when she's stressed, 2)She encountered her first actual heat of the season when we moved, it was still cool in Oregon, 3)I've been home during the day, gamely re-filling her bowl every time it got low.

In addition, the vet pointed out, a cat used to live here, and our neighbors in the building have a couple of rambunctious dogs that she can hear, and they've rushed into our apartment a couple times Bumpus' Hound-style. So to add to all the other things, she could be feeling a little territorial. She is a marker, for sure.

So, I'm crossing my fingers that these episodes are just the result of all these changes and variables and not a health issue.

Guest CampWhippet

Almost every brood I've taken off the farm has done this for a while when they first arrived then stopped. Tansy came fromthe track and she would do it when it was raining outside rather than use the do door. She has also stopped doing this.

Guest Sunset123

Almost every brood I've taken off the farm has done this for a while when they first arrived then stopped. Tansy came fromthe track and she would do it when it was raining outside rather than use the do door. She has also stopped doing this.

Do you mean peeing in the bed?

Edited by Sunset123

If she's drinking a ton of extra water, that by itself could cause the problem. You may want to get bloodwork in addition to urinalysis.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest CampWhippet

Almost every brood I've taken off the farm has done this for a while when they first arrived then stopped. Tansy came from the track and she would do it when it was raining outside rather than use the dog door. She has also stopped doing this.

Do you mean peeing in the bed?

Yep.

Not only did I have broods peeing on the dog beds I also discovered the spare bedroom (kingsize bed) was being used for a bathroom too. Had to pitch a kingsize mattress but laughed when someone took it off the curb before trash day.

Guest LindsaySF

None of the broods I've fostered have peed their beds. New fosters tend to drink a lot more water in general (either stress or they aren't used to having water available 24/7), so I put them out very frequently in the beginning.

If she's drinking a ton of extra water, that by itself could cause the problem. You may want to get bloodwork in addition to urinalysis.