Zippy Has An Involuntary Twitch

Guest Zippysperson

Guest Zippysperson

Within the past few days, our lovely grey Zippy has developed a very odd, involuntary twitch on the right side of her back. You can actually see the area move and then she whips around and bites at it. Has anyone's grey experienced this? She has to see her Vet this month for a booster shot,so we will discuss it then. But I wondered if anyone out there might be able to address this? Thanks!

It may be something a chiropractor can work loose for Zippy. If she's having some sort of muscle spasm, she might be doing the twitching and biting to make the muscle feel "right."

My Sam has spinal arthritis. On his bad days, when his back feels all wrong to him, he shakes as if he has water in his coat. If he tries the shaking often, then it's time for a methocarbemol (muscle relaxer). If he clamps down and stops the shake abruptly, it's time for the meloxicam (pain meds).

Zippy's twitch may be the equivalent of Sam's water-shake.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Zippysperson

Thanks to all of you for responding.

My husband thinks it may be a response to when he applied Frontline liquid to Zippy's shoulder area, and the liquid ran down Zippy's right side. My husband didn't want Zippy to lick the area, so he took a washcloth with human soap on it and wiped down Zippy's fur. I think our Zip is having an itchy reaction to the human soap. We are bathing her today with gentle doggie shampoo and hopefully this will stop the twitching. If not, we're off to the vet! Thank you ALL again!