Oops! Gave Greta Doses Too Close Together

I got mixed up and gave Greta a dose of muscle relaxant about 3 hours after the previous one instead of about 6-8 hours after. It apparently made her feel a bit funny--her eyes were a little glazed and she wanted constant petting. Other than that, she seems ok. Her coordination is fine and she still has some chronic muscle knots along her spine (darn, I'd have thought her muscles would give up with extra meds!). The earlier dose will be wearing off about now, so hopefully she's feeling better.

Poor girl, the double dose of meds probably made her feel strange. She was probably just seeking reassuarance from you, hence the need for extra petting. Hope those muscles have loosened up a bit more and she's feeling better this morning.

Call your vet and see what they say. If she's not on the maximum dosage maybe there is less cause for concern. But you want to touch base with them in case of an overdose.

I can only tell you that when Sadie was on muscle relaxers she seemed stoned-out. But as I have recently learned, each medication affects each dog differently.

Good luck and I hope you both feel better soon!

finalsiggy.jpg

I wrote that last night and she's fine--in fact extra perky this morning after her morning dose. I don't see that the stuff is doing much good, yet. Yes, she is overall less tense, but her back is still clearly painful. But it's been only a week and I'm supposed to see how she is after 2 weeks.

I hope Greta is improving.

Sadie was on muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatories when she injured her neck. It took couple weeks but she did recover. We kept her from using stairs and walked her for every potty so her activity was controlled. I didn't think she'd make it because I never saw her complain and she was in a lot of pain. But she recovered and we had her for with us for an additional 1+ year.

finalsiggy.jpg