Lumpy-Bumpy Trey

Guest Trey

When my brindle boy Trey rolled over for a belly rub tonight, I noticed a bump on his chest about the size of a nickel. I hadn't noticed it before, but as he shifted around I noticed that it's a lot easier to see at some angles, so maybe he just hit the right angle tonight.

It isn't very hard at all (in fact, at first I couldn't really feel anything). I cannot pick it up and squish it between my fingers with his skin, but when I apply pressure, it is slightly firm but squishy, and it slides around between my fingers as I press on it.

Honestly, it feels like a piece of fat. Could it be the beginning of a fatty tumor? He just turned 6 - is that a common age for them?

Here are some pics:

As you can see, not that noticeable. It's about an inch about my finger here:

OINv0.jpg

The side view is a bit better (it's in the middle of the frame):

TvJTZ.jpg

You can kinda see it here by his elbow:

9wV0S.jpg

And just because he can't grow enough stuff to worry me, here's a pic of what I am pretty sure is a histiocytoma in his ear. It is perfectly dome-shaped and was red, but is starting to crust over:

MrZgd.jpg

He does have a vet appointment in two weeks for his annual checkup and of course I'll ask her about it, but I wondered what folks here thought.

Any ideas?

Thanks - I thought that's what they looked like, but I didn't want to miss something obvious that should send him to the vet sooner. I'll definitely have the vet check them out.