Denamarin For A Good Price

We've been researching for our first purchase of Denamarin and discovered that our vet sells it for about $80 for a 30 pack but we found it on Amazon for $53! Since we have to give two daily since my boy is over the 66 pound limit, every bit of cost cutting helps :) Just wanted to share in case anyone else uses this product.

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

Hi

Thanks for the information. We were spending $60.00 but the vet price just went up to $80.00. We get the ones for large dogs ( 35 lbs and over on the package) and give one each morning. If you do not mind my asking, why do you give 2 and why was it prescribed for your doggie? I will look into Amazon.

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

The product info describes that the dosage for large dogs 35 - 65 pounds is one tablet daily, 66- 120 pounds is two daily. My boy weighs 72 - 75 pounds usually so two per day it is. Chip had a bile test run recently and the consensus is that the liver is in very bad shape. This denamarin is our last ditch effort to help him, they also suggested that I get some Laculose or Enulose so I've been pricing it today as well. If you've had any experience with those I'd love to hear about it.

Jody, Leah & Jimmie

We have been giving our 69- 72 lb dog one denamarin every morning since Feb. We also give her a syringe of lactulose in the am and pm ( which she loves the taste of?!) We split it up only because the vet said it can cause diarrhea if it is too much at one time. She has been doing great on these things as well as a low protein diet for her liver disease. Much better then the bloating stomach and seizures she had before the meds and change in diet. !!! She has hepetitis with a bad liver but is doing soooo great we just keep going with the meds. The lactulose is only $20.00 at the vet for a 16 fl oz bottle. What else were you told to do?

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

That is very encouraging to hear. I was told to cut back on the proteins too and boost up the carbs. I'm happy to hear that your girl is responding so well. Is she or was she on seizure meds too? Chip was on fluconazole until recently and is still on potassium bromide and pheno which we hope to start reducing (again) next week.

He too had the bloated gut and had 27 cups of fluid drained out of the abdomen - clear fluid, which they tested and it was just from the liver not processing properly. Crazy high albumen as I remember but the only thing I clearly remember is the results of the bile acids test which were horrible.

I found the lactulose online for $12 a pint. Thanks for the tip about splitting it up, I had read that it can cause gas and pudding poo and he sure doesn't need that.

Thanks for the advice and info.

Jody, Leah & Jimmie

the seizures were apparently from the liver not processing things properly ( hepatoencephalopathy) so once that was changed, no further seizures, so no seizure meds. We use Wellness super 5 mix ( healthy weight) dog food and no more peanut butter kongs :( !!

We also split meals up to give her liver less work to do with processing the food. 2 meals divided into 4 servings.

If I remember correctly, the lactulose is to help break up amino acids so that things do not back up into the belly if the liver is working harder to do its job.

Good luck with all this. Our almost 11 year girl is thankfully doing well and BETTER see her 11th bday in Oct!!! :blush

ho5U2p6.jpg?1