Gluten Free Treats

Guest Greytluv

Guest Greytluv

Does anyone know where to get them in bulk? My sis has Boxers that can't have gluten. She used to buy them at PetSmart but they don't carry them anymore. She can buy them in smaller quantity but she only gets 10oz for $10 :eek

She lives in Washington State.

Guest BiancasMom

My dogs like the Wellness biscuits. They have multiple flavors and as far as I know they are gluten free. I live in WA and they are readily available in pet stores around here. Is there a particular brand she is looking for?

Guest JarBear

I make them for my guys. If she's interested I can give her the recipe. They're just a really easy peanut butter cookie. I think I got the recipe on Greytalk and then modified it so it's gluten free. They are a real hit around here.

Guest kydie

all homemade dog treats can be made with rice or soy flour,, for a true all natural treat go to "Walk in the Bark" for their all natural treats,,,(also supports a rescue group) my pups do well on these,,, I also make a simple treat with 2 cups of flour(rice or soy or whole wheat) 2 cups of oatmeal,, 1 to 3/4 cup peanutbutter,, 1 to 1/2 HOT water (add last you may need more to make it a cookie like mixture) mix,, cut in shapes or I roll them in balls, bake 350 for 45 minutes,, turn off oven and let them in there until oven cools,, or I just dehydrate them :)

I go to Ocean State and buy freeze dried cod that's marketed as cat treats. They are great for training, and it's pure cod so good for sensitive bellies. It's $4 for less than a pound, but there are a lot of treats in the container.

Guest tinams8

I believe any dog treats marked "grain free" should be gluten free, and there are quite a few brands to choose from, especially if there is a private pet store. They aren't cheap though. The chicken jerky or sweet potato jerky treats could work, too.

Guest TheUnrulyHound

try www.raindogtreats.com I do not buy treats from ANYWHERE else. She offers grain free in some flavors and is actually working on some that are grain free and low fat for my Stepper.

ETA she also makes dried treats that would work too. my hounds love the chicken sticks, the steak and the tilapia!

Edited by TheUnrulyHound

Have her purchase a dehydrator-- I just made a batch of dehydrated chicken strips-- it can't be easier. I buy boneless, skinless chicken breast for a $1.99/lb-- slice it, pop it in the dehydrator for about 12 hours. Once it's done I allow it to cool in a brown paper bag-- once cooled I keep the strips in a ziplock bag in the fridge. My dogs love their chickie treats and I like that there are inexpensive and easy to make!!!

Forgot to mention- I bought an Oster brand dehydrator--think it was $30.

Edited by tbhounds