Ranger

Guest Figmama

Boy, I'm still struggling with this today. Got up this morning and I'm not having a good day.

I did check WalMart Pharmacy and they don't compound to the dose he would need, Vets said 5.28 mg, but I could get 2 mg and then do a 5 mg dose. It runs about $3.86 a pill as opposed to $4.50 a pill compounded.

tbhounds. Actually, now 5 different vets do not question the diagnosis of lymphoma from the aspiration which came back as high grade cell type lymphoma. I have to trust them on this one.

We have meds compounded at Roadrunner Pharmacy in Phoenix. They'll express it for free on your first order, and they always send a toy too. :) Their number is 877-5418-4589.

I called them to try and get a price for you, but they won't give it unless your clinic calls them. (I've always found them to be lovely, but *this* I didn't care for.)

(Edited to prove I can spell!) :blush:lol

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Figmama

Boy, I'm still struggling with this today. Got up this morning and I'm not having a good day.

I did check WalMart Pharmacy and they don't compound to the dose he would need, Vets said 5.28 mg, but I could get 2 mg and then do a 5 mg dose. It runs about $3.86 a pill as opposed to $4.50 a pill compounded.

tbhounds. Actually, now 5 different vets do not question the diagnosis of lymphoma from the aspiration which came back as high grade cell type lymphoma. I have to trust them on this one.

We have meds compounded at Roadrunner Pharmacy in Phoenix. They'll express it for free on your first order, and they always send a toy too. :) They're number is 877-5418-4589.

I called them to try and get a price for you, but they won't give it unless your clinic calls them. (I've always found them to be lovely, but *this* I didn't care for.)

Ah, thanks for that information and calling to check!!

I did call Wall Mart and Costco pharmacies. They are a little cheaper per pill but they do not compound so, with the dose they plan to use (5.28 mg), I would have to give 2 1/2 pills every other day instead of the one compounded. Kick me to the curb but worst case scenario, if he didn't respond to treatment or had bad side effects and he passed or we had to stop treatment, I could be left with a lot of medication I have no use for and paid for. My daughter suggested maybe trying to see if we can get a couple of months supply and try it to see how he and I do with this treatment.

Those of you that used the Leukeran, was a large quantity ordered by your Vet or did you get it monthly?????

At Roadrunner you can order as much or little at one time as you want, within the bounds of the vet's prescription.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest Figmama

At Roadrunner you can order as much or little at one time as you want, within the bounds of the vet's prescription.

I did give them a call but they won't quote prices over the phone. The Vet would have to call.

I am taking the weekend to give all this some serious thought.............. Due to a lot of factors and some advice from people outside the situation, I may opt to do the Prednisone with supplements and diet. He is 12 1/2 yrs old and battling the beginning of renal issues as it is and underweight. I hate this.