My Fat Faced Little Girl

Guest greycrew

Same thing happened to my Rapunzel several years ago. Vet thought spider or bee sting. Her dose was large as well and when I questioned it he said dosage for dogs is larger than for people. One good thing is that it NEVER happened to Rapunzel again, but I always keep liquid benadryl on hand just in case. Hope she is feeling better soon!

Sharon

Years ago we had a Springer pup who's face doubled in size & she had trouble breathing so off to the vet ( on Sunday, of course) & at first he couldn't see what was wrong & then found a fire ant inthe side of her nose. He said if she kept her nose out of things this wouldn't happen but since she was only a pup he knew she could do the sniff again but thankfully se didn't. Here some of our dogs get bit by the snakes in the stock tanks when they get drinks & we just give them pred. Hope that pretty girl is back to normal soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest greycrew

Same thing happened to my Rapunzel several years ago. Vet thought spider or bee sting. Her dose was large as well and when I questioned it he said dosage for dogs is larger than for people. One good thing is that it NEVER happened to Rapunzel again, but I always keep liquid benadryl on hand just in case. Hope she is feeling better soon!

Sharon

Sooooo, I guess I spoke too soon! Rapunzel woke up this morning with half of her face swollen! I have her on benadryl and scheduled a dental for tomorrow morning in case it's an absess. She has terrible teeth no matter how much I brush or have dentals. She had her last dental in November. I'm hoping it's just and allergy.

How long did it take for GiGi's face to go down? It happened to Rapunzel so long I can't even remember. And that was a terrible reaction - she couldn't even breathe and her face looked all lumpy. I had to rush her to vet that time. This time she's eating fine and acting normal. It looks just like GiGi's pic, but only on half of her face. :(