Neighbor Getting New Pup

My neighbor is getting a labradoodle puppy. Lexie is almost 6. I didn't know at what age the pup should be before we introduce them? Lexie has played with small dogs but not that small. I think she would just stand there and let the pup jump all over her, but I want them both to have a good experience. What is the right way to introduce a pup? Thnx for all suggestions. We have a fenced in yard, they don't.

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Take them for a walk together, if possible. If not, bring them to the front yards or non-fenced area on leashes so they can meet. I don't know how other-dog friendly Lexie is, but Monty is completely other-dog friendly and is fine with the neighbor's little terrier crosses whether he meets them on leash or visits their house.

lexie is very dog friendly..the little dogs she will just stand there and "take it"..lol..i didn't know if it is too early that the pup will think lexie is her mom since they will see each other all the time?

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

I always introduce a new dog outside of the house, usually in the front yard. Going for a walk is a good idea. Once they've had time to sniff and figure things out then I move to the house and eventually the back yard. I always introduce mine one at a time because bringing a new dog into this house could scare the crap out of any dog.:lol It sounds like Lexie is good, mine would have issues with a puppy jumping in their faces and all over them.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee