Stop Cutting Me Off!

I would highly recommend if you ever decide to get a head halter that you attach to the martingale as well. Head halters come off way too easily for me to ever feel safe about them on a greyhound with no backup. They're easy to push off the nose for most dogs, and even though greys have long noses I still wouldn't put it past them. Has happened to me walking way too many dogs before. You take your eyes off them for a second and stop walking (to pick up poo, to throw poo in the garbage, to talk to someone) and that loop will be off the nose. Namely because no one tightens these head halters as much as they were intended to be tightened ("poor pup, I want him to be able to pick up his tennis ball" or "oh, it seems mean to put it on that tight"... why they are using a head halter then is beyond me).

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Well, last night we tried it, this one must have fit more snug/better because he was fussing.....last class he didn't seem to care as much. I didn't purchase it because it was a strap and buckle type and I think I would like a snap/click version because it is quicker. I considered the halti coming loose and thought that I'd like to secure a short leash to the collar until I get the gimmick hooked up properly. My mom sews and does magic with anything....so once I find the actual halti to use I'll get it going. I found that the Gentle Leader actually fit him way better than the Halti last week. It sat a little lower on his nose and not right at his eye balls, but I found that the portion that went over his nose was really tight, like choking tight just standing there. I don't know if a Medium is his size as there is no slack when he's being good. When he ate treats with it on, he coughed, so I think it's just a smidge too tight. ANYWAY, thank you for the suggestions.....I'll think of something this week. I have a spare martingale that I think I will use, I don't want his pretty one sewn up. :)

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015