Bones To Gnaw

Guest PatDE

Guest PatDE

This is my first posting, Everyone. Our new greyhound is 4 years old, tall and 85 pounds and he likes to chew. He has been with us for six weeks and we've discovered the chewing tendency in the last week or two. Is there a type of chew toy (he uses Kongs already, need additonal options, please) that is greyhound safe and that he can tear apart if he wants to? Is there a kind that is not greyhound safe?

Thanks!

Guest PawPrintsLife

Hello, Pat. I'm fairly new to GreyTalk also.

We have three greyhounds. Two are large, like yours. Our greys love holistic pork skin treats. They are about 95% digestible, so they're not dangerous like so many chew toys are. Here's a link, if you're interested.

We get the medium size for our dogs, and one of those will last our big boys about 30-45 minutes. The large ones would last considerably longer.

We love the purity and safety of these products for our dogs--so much, in fact, that we had to start representing these products ourselves!

Rebecca Forrest

Logan (7-year-old male brindle greyhound)

Zelda (4-year-old female parti black greyhound)

Jordie (3-year-old male brindle greyhound)

Lucy (17-year-old female tabby cat)

Guest sheila

My Jane is a chewer. I have given her raw meaty bones from the butcher and rolled rawhide (not the flip chips). Turkey necks are good though they will be consumed in short order.

Turkey necks would be excellent for chewing. I also get beef ribs. With these and most chew things they should be supervised just in case.

Bully sticks are great for heavy chewers, but again they need to be supervised. look here :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest PatDE

Thank you. Excellent option.

I like nylabones and bully sticks.

I am hoping to avoid raw or animal products to start. I'll keep these suggestions on the ln case we need to go that route.

Turkey necks would be excellent for chewing. I also get beef ribs. With these and most chew things they should be supervised just in case.

Bully sticks are great for heavy chewers, but again they need to be supervised. look here :)

I will look into that. Thank you!

Hello, Pat. I'm fairly new to GreyTalk also.

We have three greyhounds. Two are large, like yours. Our greys love holistic pork skin treats. They are about 95% digestible, so they're not dangerous like so many chew toys are. Here's a link, if you're interested.

We get the medium size for our dogs, and one of those will last our big boys about 30-45 minutes. The large ones would last considerably longer.

We love the purity and safety of these products for our dogs--so much, in fact, that we had to start representing these products ourselves!

Rebecca Forrest

Logan (7-year-old male brindle greyhound)

Zelda (4-year-old female parti black greyhound)

Jordie (3-year-old male brindle greyhound)

Lucy (17-year-old female tabby cat)