Topical Heartworm

I have always used interceptor for my 4 hounds and heart guard for Beau because they used to make a non flavored one which we needed because of his IBD. They stopped making that so my vet is thinking the topical by Advantage for Beau.

Advantage Multi.

Anyone use it?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Used it for many, many fosters per the adoption group's request. Never had any experience adverse effects.

Kathryn, “Broadway” BW’s Broadway: Shaggy Bessie x Jimbo Red Rose, & "Ellie" Noah's Smelldog: Castor Troy x Mulberry Jade. My Angels "Sidney" Rainier Rapper: Rainier Ranger x Rainier Rapport (09/03/2001-2/26/2012); "Pistol" Tiowa Pistol: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-8/02/2011); “Perry" Tiowa Perry: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-6/09/2010); "Jackie" Mjp's Jackie: Joey Flint x Social Robin (6/12/1997-6/20/2008)

Yes, I use Advantage Multi. My vet recommends it as the absolute best product for heartworm + parasites; it replaced Sentinel as what he prescribes. I HATE having to use two topicals a months most of the year (also Frontline since Advantage Multi doesn't do ticks), but if that's what my vet honestly thinks is superior (he tries to be very cutting-edge with the best treatments), we'll go with it. Anyway, no problem here.

It's also safe to use with cats in the house, BTW.

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest mcsheltie

What I like about Revolution is that it isn't a drug combo. One active ingredient takes care of both fleas & heartworm. Plus one species of tick. So you are only using one drug.