Fresh Food ........

Guest IrskasMom

Guest IrskasMom

Safeway and I am sure the other Grocery Chains have it to ,have a Refrigerated Dogfood in Rolls or in Containers in a small Refrigerator in the Petfood Isle .I have bought Chunky Beef with Vegetable and Chicken/Vegetables. Morty does not like the Chicken but gues Nuts over Beef.Petco has it but not PetsMart. I want to hear some Reviews,please.

I haven't seen it, but I'll look to see if it is available here. I cook for my girls and add about 1/4 to their kibble. That would be great for when we go out of town if they like and tolerate it.

june

Guest IrskasMom

June Thank you for your Reply. I don't just serve that fresh Food . He gets 2.5 Cups of Kibbles and just on Top some of this fresh Food and he goes bunkers. With all the other add ins it was a hit or miss,not this one. :):):)

Guest sirsmom

Our store carries Freshpet in the refrigerator section and our dogs did really like it sliced over their dry food. Actually, I forgot about this and will pick some up today.

Guest queenme2

I haven't tried it and likely won't bc I'm worried that even though this is suppose to fresh that they are still using the same ingredients that was in the food recalls. So I don't really think I'm getting a better product. I just cook a huge pot of dog food for Nina, it has wheat noodles/barley, brown rice, Sweet potatoes, tomato, white potato, Kale, and collards. I make a huge batch and freeze some and then just cook up whatever meat to add for the week. I also use Camelina Oil for the omega's

Fresh Pet Select is what my two seniors eat along with 4 to 6 meals a week of raw.

Fresh Pet Select is what my two seniors eat along with 4 to 6 meals a week of raw.

I feed 3 times a day.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I just got a sample of this yesterday from the local grocery delivery service. They sent the chicken and I am looking forward to trying it. It is too expensive to use regularly but as a treat for a couple of meals a week it should be great. Question, if the roll is 1 lb, how much are you giving at each meal?

I feed three times a day.

My male weighs 88 pounds, he is not overweight, he is big, very large frame.

My female weighs 78, also not overweight.

On days that they just have Fresh Pet Select they get 3 one pound meals each.

On days they have a raw meal they get 2 one pound meals each.

Keeping enough weight on my girly as she has gotten older has been a challenge. Lucy will be 13 September. Teddy will be 12 in November.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Thank you. Aquitaine is also 78 (77.5) so then it would be the full roll for one meal. Thanks! I will give it to her tonight. If she likes it, I will include one in each week's grocery order. At $4-5 it is too costly to do all her meals that way but will be a nice treat for her.

Thank you. Aquitaine is also 78 (77.5) so then it would be the full roll for one meal. Thanks! I will give it to her tonight. If she likes it, I will include one in each week's grocery order. At $4-5 it is too costly to do all her meals that way but will be a nice treat for her.

Check to see if the store has the 6 pound roll and that may save you some money. Here Kroger has the 6 pound rolls for $10.99 and Randalls (Safeway) has it for $12.99 so significant difference. Also if you call Fresh Pet you can probably get some coupons. see here The expiration dates are pretty good, the rolls I have right now expire 7/29/11 and should be kept refrigerated but not frozen. Once the roll is open it can be kept refrigerated for 7 days.

Lucy and Teddy go through a 6 pound roll a day except on raw days, then they get 4 pounds. It is a little pricey but Teddy has chronic pancreatitis and as long as I feed him this way he is fine. For him the raw is beef ribs, he cant handle anything like turkey necks. Lucy is a picky old gal and most of the time she eats pretty good on Fresh Pet. For her the raw is turkey necks.

Good luck! :)

siggie-7.jpg

Guest IrskasMom

I don't feed just that. Usually 2 Cups Kibbles in the Morning dry. Evenings it's 2.5 Cups Kibbles with 2 1/2 inch Slices of Freshfood on Top with a little warm Water and he loves it. The 2 lb Roll lasts me at least for 5 Feedings or more and Cost $5.99 . :):):)

Edited by IrskasMom

Thanks for the new info. I will check into coupons. I live in NYC and use a grocery delivery service so coupons don't always work but I sure will try! I was pleasantly surprised by the food in that it wasn't stinky or gross feeling. I sliced and cubed it and Aquitaine inhaled it! She came bounding out looking at me as if to ask for more. It's a hit so I will definitely give it to her a couple of times a week at least.