Scrape On Back Leg

Guest ravenchilde

Guest ravenchilde

I'm not sure how, but Miley has a scrape on the inside of one of her hind legs. It doesn't look too bad right now, but she is licking at it a lot. Any recommendations on how to keep the cut from getting infected?

You can put some bag balm or neosporin on it. Chances are she'll lick it off. If it's just a scrape, I wouldn't worry about it too much. My dogs tend to lick their little wounds and so far I've never had one get infected. The only time I won't let them lick is when they've had an incision and stitches. If you're really worried, try a muzzle with a stool guard. My Pistol is wearing his right now because he had surgery and has stitches in his leg that have to stay dry.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest ravenchilde

hey all! Thanks for the posts. Miley does lick it sometimes, but she isn't obsessive about it. Hopefully it'll mend soon!

Stripeyfan: How is Kelly's lump? I hope it's better! Miley is doing excellent on her medication! Metronidazole is most certainly a wonder drug. She's gained almost 3 pounds in 3 weeks, and I'm so happy with that. The only thing now is that I don't think she likes her new food. She's on Go Natural Duck formula. It's excellent because it's got lots of fiber, but you can tell she doesn't really like it. She eats it, but she's not excited about eating it! I need to find something new to feed her, I think. I've been toying with the idea of adding some raw food into her food, but I'm nervous about that because I'm afraid of raw meat! Any suggestions?