Petflow

Petflow looks like a very interesting option for ordering food online. They have a huge assortment of foods (though, my luck, they don't have listed the ONE variety of Avoderm I need for Dandi's sensitive stomach) and shipping is either free or very, very low-cost. And unlike most of the online delivery websites, their prices are very competitive.

They're based in NY and ship out of a warehouse in NJ. The deal seems to be so good, I've written to ask if they could get the Baked L&R Avoderm so I can start ordering from them.

Has anyone used this service?

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest Energy11

Yes, I use them!

They are wonderful to deal with, and the customer service is EXTRODINARY!

I think you will be happy with them, and they should be able to get the food you want!

Good Luck! :colgate

Yes, I use them!

They are wonderful to deal with, and the customer service is EXTRODINARY!

I think you will be happy with them, and they should be able to get the food you want!

Good Luck! :colgate

Thanks, Dee! I e-mailed them, asking if they could carry the Avoderm variety I'm looking for. Hopefully I'll hear back Monday.

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest Miller

Doesn't really seem to be any cheaper. Our greyhounds food is the same price so it would only save me tax which is minimal. Then I looked at Fancy Feast for our three cats and its more expensive on this "discount" web site then where I buy it now.

Would have been sweet if the prices where actually lower. Our pet supplies plus has after you buy 10 bags of the same kind of food get the 11th one free. So that would equal the discount this web site offers of saving tax money plus Jeff will get to visit the pet store and pick out his treats!

Guest dragontearz

I could see it being worth it if I lived far enough away from a pet store to spend the extra money for the convenience, but with the shipping I'd spend $10 more for a bag of food versus the dollar in gas to go get it myself. Very large selection though, I was impressed with the site.

Guest LindsaySF

Yes, we've used them. They have $5 flat-rate shipping per order, while other sites (i.e. petfooddirect) charge by weight I believe.

I checked them out and they are significantly more expensive than what I pay per bag for my dog food even considering gas prices and I drive about 35 miles to pick it up. Since gas prices have sky-rocketed, I've started picking up 2 or 3 bags at a time to save on gas. With three dogs I go through it quickly enough that it doesn't have time to spoil or get stale. Also, where I buy my food they have a "buy 5 get one free" deal so I save even more. $$$$ :colgate $$$$

june

Guest kydie

I use them,,, and for me the fact I don't have to drive 30 miles to get dog food is great,,,

no it is not cheaper,,, but my time is money,, and I don't have to drive,, drag it off the shelf,, then drag it in to the SUV,, then drag it out and into the house,, is worth it,, and it costs no more than at the feed store,,,, I open the door and there it is,,, I LOVE IT :)