Scalibor Protector Bands

Since my place in east Texas has ticks, I'm always looking for the best tick control for the GreyGirls and Twister. I've used Virbac's Preventic last year with good results (even on my shaggy dog who reacts to Frontline).

One of my friends who works for Intervet told me of their product called Scalibor Protector Bands. They use Deltamethrin 4% and work for 5-6 months. They are also supposed to be effective on both fleas and ticks.

Scalibor Product Page

Any comments?

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

Do they make an equivalent collar for cats--using the same content? If it's not cat-safe, it's possibly not grey-safe. If it's cat-safe, it may be grey-safe.

I don't like all the warnings for the person to wash hands after handling the collar. How big a hazard is this to humans who pet the dog? (Or sleep with it?)

And I won't leave a collar on my dogs that they can't back out of...and if they can back out of the flea collar (skinny greyhound heads), it probably won't stay on them for long. And while I wouldn't worry about the dogs chewing a collar while it was on them, a collar that comes off easily is liable to get chewed on around here.

I use Frontline Plus on my guys. I don't think I'd be willing to go to any collar for them, but especially not one that hasn't yet got a track record in greyhound use.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)