Regenex?

Guest Betsy

Well, Dixie will be 12 in 2 weeks. She has lately been having some weight loss and moving realy slow. Not interested in walks or much of anything. Took her to the vet and he said that she is "suffering" and in a lot of pain-from arthritis, we think. Put her on Deramaxx and told me to start her on glucosamine chondroitin. He said that if she doesn't get better in 3 weeks, we will need to think about putting her down as I wouldn't want her to suffer and be in pain. I don't but I also don't want to lose her. Anyway, found Regenex on the web and it makes it sound pretty good. I have ordered it to try (will try anything to save my beautiful girl) but was wondering has anyone tried it? Do you know anything about it? Any other suggestions?

Was blood work done before starting the Deramaxx? If not it should have been. What did her blood panel show? A NSAID is dangerous without blood work.

Has she had a TBD panel done? If not, do one at Protatek. They have a special rate for greyhounds and I have the info if you need it.

I've been using Joint Health & Fresh Factors (JH since it's been out & FF since the mid 90s) with very good results.

Springtime

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Thanks Burpdog! No, no blood work was done. I would love the info on Protatek. Thanks for the help! I may have to look into JH and FF.

Also thanks TBHounds. I don't know why he went for Deramaxx instead of the Tramadol. Between that question and the blood work issue, I will be scheduling another visit.

An update though is that Dixie seems much better this weekend. She is actually chasing Taylor (our other younger grey) and has more bounce in her step. She seems to be interested somewhat in food again and in treats. I would not say she doesn't show any signs of age or arthritis but it seems to be more manageable. It was distressing to see her not raise her head, not eat and just lay there. When they run and play, you can't help but smile at the beauty of it all....

Thanks again and I will investigate the issues you all raised and update you again soon.