First Dog Fight

Guest Trish66

I forgot to mention... if you have the type of hound who does weird things like run into fences... the gates are actually harder for them to see than a chain link fence. So... go to Home Depot and liberate some of that red plastic that they have available for when you pick up a load of long lumber. Cut it into ribbons and tie 5 or 6 to each gate. The dog(s) can see the fluttering red ribbons and thus won't run into the gates.

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest iconsmum

Dog parks are a pain in the neck a lot of the time and it's largely due to the fact that an enclosed offleash is the only exercise many dogs ever get. Their adrenalin levels are very high and they get dumped in there while the owners stand in a knot in the middle, totally unaware of which dogs are getting into what ...I often see 4 or 5 dogwalkers, each doing a 6-dog run, plus 5 or 6 owners with a dog and a half each, average, for a total of 40 dogs, minimum, in a field meant for more like a dozen dogs...add to that mix a couple of little kids wandering around, four of the people have ball-obssessed dogs and, of course, their launchers...we avoid them like the plague lol