Joint Supplement Question

Guest freightsmom

Guest freightsmom

I have a friend in Florida who swears by Finish Line Fluid Action HA supplement. It can be used for horses, dogs and cats. I wonder if this formula is overkill, especially on the glucosamine level? Any users on GT? Any vet folks have feedback?

The formula is shown as:

Glucosamine 5000 mg, Vitamin C 1000 mg, Sodium Hyaluronate 25 mg, Vitamin B2 1.5 mg , Vitamin B6 3 mg, Vitamin B12 37 ug, Magnesium, min 7.7 mg, Calcium, min 6.8 mg, Calcium, max 7.9 mg

Thanks!

Guest mcsheltie

I looked up the two products I've used that work well and they have 1000-1500 mg of Glucosamine. 1000 mg of Vit C is likely to give most dogs the screaming __hits.

I was reading that this is per a 1 ounce serving. If you were to adjust the dose to 6ml you would get the Glucosamine down to 1000 mg and the Vitamin C to 200 mg. A 9ml dose would give you 1500 mg of Glucosamine and 300mg of Vitamin C.

What I have read with regard to finding the correct dose of Vitamin C is to keep increasing until stools get loose and then back up to the previous dosage where stools were still firm.