Raw Shrimp Ok If Inadvertently Eaten?

ShebasMom

So here I am getting my appetizer prepared for a friend's dinner party tonight--prosciuttos-wrapped raw shrimp with garlic-butter sauce, yum!--when I stepped out of the kitchen for a minute while the oven was preheating--DUH! Quick as a wink, Sheba had devoured half the pan on top of the counter. I had more shrimp, prosciuttos, and makings for the sauce, but my real question is: is eating about 15 raw shrimp, prosciuttos, butter sauce, garlic, and a few other herbs going to do any harm?

I know better, having had two greyhounds now and four Great Danes previously, so I'm only mad at myself, not Sheba.

I think the chopped garlic is the only thing that can do them any harm - there's something in real garlic that's not in garlic powder.

That said, for a large dog I doubt enough was ingested to be really harmful. Everything else, probably going to be some serious D in 12 hrs but no worse for the wear. :)