Teeth Cleaning Tips/prevention Of Stains

Guest borzoix4

Guest borzoix4

I thought I would pass along two tips about whitening as well as cleaning teeth.

Years ago, as a tip was to use a product to clean the teeth and all the rage was this one, I took a look at the ingredients ( add this stuff was expensive too). The principle one was strawberry leaf water. I started boiling strawberries leaves, strain and add a little to the dogs water. However then I also starting giving the dogs a strawberry to eat. That is when I noticed the big difference in their teeth within a matter of a few days and also continued to improve. Additionally, just like the strawberry leaf water did, if any tarter, it was easy enough to just scale off any tarter literally with just my finger nail.

I did this for like a week giving them a strawberry twice a day, big enough they eat it, but with Zubin, I swear my big toy would bite it once and swollow it. LOL So then I took to cutting the strawberry, and rub it gently on the teeth. Do not let the dog eat or drink anything for like 20 minutes.

(The acid in the strawberry will Not hurt the teeth enamal)

Another good tip is to take baking soda in a tiny dish. Add a few drops of lemon juice or even just water, and with a childs gentle toothbrush, brush the teeth.

My dogs eat raw diet so the teeth are clean basically but of course, they get dog cookies etc.

Mine are bonkers for strawberries. Never guessed it would be good for their teeth. I will have to pick up a carton for them and see how it goes. Do thawed frozen berries work too, or is it only fresh?

Tiny the strawberry thief, gently plucking a berry from Mom's plant just as it reaches the point of perfect ripeness. He would check the berries on this plant daily, patiently waiting until they were ready for me him to harvest.

IMG_0102.jpg

He taught Raven to do it, too.

IMG_0106.jpg

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest borzoix4

Mine are bonkers for strawberries. Never guessed it would be good for their teeth. I will have to pick up a carton for them and see how it goes. Do thawed frozen berries work too, or is it only fresh?

Tiny the strawberry thief, gently plucking a berry from Mom's plant just as it reaches the point of perfect ripeness. He would check the berries on this plant daily, patiently waiting until they were ready for me him to harvest.

IMG_0102.jpg

He taught Raven to do it, too.

IMG_0106.jpg

Frozen ones work just as well as frozen when fresh. Also easier to store as you only take out what you need. Its amazing how much they love them.

Guest PhillyPups

Awesome. I will have to try them.

Turkey necks (raw) and green tripe also do well for keeping the teeth clean.

My hound with the best teeth (other than with a fresh dental) came directly from the racing kennel, but then the kennel owner insisted every hound get a bone the night before the track was not running.

What sweet pictures! :wub: So ... how were their teeth, Greynut?

The strawberries were tiny and the plants weren't very prolific, so I don't think it had a chance to do much for them. However, I have a big sack of frozen strawberries doing time in the freezer. I foresee happy hounds, whether or not the berries have the intended effect.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg