Another Sparks Problem-Getting Up From His Bed

Wonder

Guest greytfulhounds

Wanted to add one more thing. I don't know if you are familiar with this assistance harness but I bought one of these many years ago to help my old girl who had LS. I kept it on her 24/7 & was able to help her in & out of the house and up & down when she needed it. The inside is very soft so it is comfortable for them to wear all the time. The link is on Northcoast Greyhound Support's website, it is about 1/2 way down the page. This is the link. http://northcoastgreyhounds.net/store/index.php/cat_140

Good to hear that Sparks is doing well!

Morgan had more trouble with thicker beds. He had better luck with a 2" thick foam type bed in the end. We did add a blanket to it.

We set up a bed like this for Jack when he was older. He still used his cushy beds but often preferred the 2 inch foam when he was very stiff - but instead of a blanket I put a large piece of Vet Bed over it (I don't know what you call it over there, it's what the vets use in the hospitals here, like an artificial sheepskin, but you can wash it at 90C and you can tumble it.

Sid has trouble getting up occasionally, and one of his very favourite places to sleep is on a genuine sheepskin. It's easy to get up from, that's for sure. It's flat, the suede back doesn't slip on carpet and the wool provides traction for his feet.

SSskn-4-550.jpg

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Great update!:yay You go, Sparks! :yay

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Cross your fingers

it's snowing and it's covering a layer of ice

I do have a harness now (THANKS DEB!!!) so I think/hope it will be ok

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest bigorangedog

Cross your fingers

Thought about you guys when mine were crashing around through the snow tonight. Hopefully there's enough snow now that it'll provide traction for him. Sending hugs!

Cross your fingers

Thought about you guys when mine were crashing around through the snow tonight. Hopefully there's enough snow now that it'll provide traction for him. Sending hugs!

He's limping alittle this morning from last nights snow.

I did shovel the yard for him but of course he wants to be in the back part of the yard :lol

The other pups had a blast in the snow. Count was diving into the snow and burying his head :rofl

Edited by Wonder

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I can 't believe I am just seeing this.... So glad that Sparks seems better. Has he adjusted to the crib mattress? I've often wondered if it would make a good dog bed.

Note: It's snowing here. I think it's coming your way......

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

He doesn't like the crib bed but he's using it. I don't allow him on the couch so unless he wants to lay on the floor, he has to use the crib mattress.

He's back to eating his raw chix :yay

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Just popping in for a progress report. Glad to see things are looking up for Sparks!

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018