Urinating In My Workplace

Guest spaztastic_fam

Guest spaztastic_fam

I have had Derby for almost a year now...she is 3 years old and has adapted well to my doggie door. She has never had an accident in my home but every time I bring her to my work place she pees. Even if we just went outside for a walk. She has come to work 6 times and each time she has urinated somewhere in the building. I have tried to yell for her to stop and take her outside, but once she starts she won't stop until she is through and she is too strong to pull outside. Any suggestions??

There may have been another dog in there that pee'd and she may be marking over the original scent. You'd have to clean every spot and get the scent out to stop it if that's what she's doing.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Also you can use a black light to show urine stains...you can buy black light light bulbs just about anywhere. Just put it in a small lamp and put the light close to the surfaces you want to check.

Jennifer, Mike and the menagerie ---

Molly (Blue Sky Dreamin), Tinker (BT My Lil Girl) and their feline brothers Miles and Lewis

Visit Molly's Photo Album

if it was me I would go back to house training 101 and leash her to you while you are at work. As soon as you start to see a signal that she is scoping out a potty place take her outside right away. Then stay out as long as it takes for her to piddle and then praise/treat her when she does.

if it was me I would go back to house training 101 and leash her to you while you are at work. As soon as you start to see a signal that she is scoping out a potty place take her outside right away. Then stay out as long as it takes for her to piddle and then praise/treat her when she does.

This!

And the carpets!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest spaztastic_fam

Thanks for the great suggestions!! I will definitely try them all so we can have good work experiences!! I am trying to get her certified to work with me as a therapy dog! THANKS