Any Ideas

SAVED2

Shouldn't your vet be the one to have an opinion about whether anesthesia is safe for him or not? I mean, all greys seem to pant after running, so I don't know how much you can conclude from that, without examination, bloodwork, etc. Sometimes things can also be done with a local and laser surgery. But in any event it sounds like a vet should be checking him -- accurately diagnosing growths or bumps is impossible online.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest mbfilby

Our Basset developed a growth on his rear leg. It grew very rapidly, was pink and hard. DW soaked the area with epsom salts and warm water and then used bentidine. It shrank then disappeared entirely. At it's largest, the growth was larger then a silver dollar and was about the height of an ice cube. We were pretty afraid this was a tumor, but since it disappeared, it was likely a cyst, although he didn't seem to have any discomfort. .

There is a product available by prescription called Aldera (Imiquimod) used to topically treat cancerous growths and HPV. However it can not be ingested and works by destroying the tissue and forcing the immune response.

There are various OTC wart and skin tag removers available now that work by freezing the growth. Perhaps you could try those of consult your vet about freezing it off.

Shouldn't your vet be the one to have an opinion about whether anesthesia is safe for him or not? I mean, all greys seem to pant after running, so I don't know how much you can conclude from that, without examination, bloodwork, etc. Sometimes things can also be done with a local and laser surgery. But in any event it sounds like a vet should be checking him -- accurately diagnosing growths or bumps is impossible online.

Our vet has known Andy for 9 years now , she said to just put some peroxide on it for a few days and running 50 feet will not cause a healthy Grey to pant.