Little Furry Creatures

Guest pichick712

Guest pichick712

I think Indy is eating mice. There are woods behind my house and tonight when I called Indy back into the house, there was something furry hanging out of his mouth. He swallowed it before I could get it from him. Will this hurt him??????

Guest Stripeyfan

Kelly has IBD and snacks on mice and rats that he catches in our garden with no ill effects (we are surrounded by shrubby undergrowthy bits and trees)... so I think the answer to your question is no, it won't. (It is kinda gross though isn't it!)

Guest pichick712

GROSS - DEFINITELY!!! Thank God, he's not a kisser. I do think I need to worm him again (just did it 2 months ago) because I saw a "spaghetti type object" on my bedroom floor this morning. Doesn't the worming medicine have any preventative qualities to it? I think I will be worming him monthly. YUK!!!!! Well if he keeps them out of my house that's not a bad thing. Indy along with the 5 cats will do a great job of keeping my house mouse free. Again, YUK YUK YUK!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Get him de-wormed! Get him de-wormed! Get him de-wormed!!! I believe you saw a hookworm, if it looked like spaghetti.

Some visiting outdoor cats who used to hang out around my house occasionally ate mice and little birds. ...And, they vomited them up later!

Your Grey may just vomit, but other than that, the mice won't hurt him.

Lauren the Human, along with Justin the Human, Kay the Cat and Bernie the Greyhound! (Registered Barney Koppe, 10/30/2006)

Bernie-signature-400.jpg

Guest Lovey_Hounds

GROSS - DEFINITELY!!! Thank God, he's not a kisser. I do think I need to worm him again (just did it 2 months ago) because I saw a "spaghetti type object" on my bedroom floor this morning. Doesn't the worming medicine have any preventative qualities to it? I think I will be worming him monthly. YUK!!!!! Well if he keeps them out of my house that's not a bad thing. Indy along with the 5 cats will do a great job of keeping my house mouse free. Again, YUK YUK YUK!!!!!!

you pobably saw a worm on the floor, my recent foster puppies were dropping 5-8" long round worms after i had them wormed it was nasty! it looked like spaghetti. You could worm them monthly or have a fecal test done to see if they do have worms. if you over de-worm them the worms can get accustomed to the meds and wont die as easily.

Edited by Lovey_Hounds