Alternative To Therapawz?

Guest GriffinsMom

Guest GriffinsMom

I need to find an alternative to the TheraPawz that Miles has been wearing for almost a year due to corns and a bad back. I need to find boots that have the padding of TheraPaws but does not wear the fur off his ankles and create sores. We have gone through several pairs of boots and it is about time to order more so if there is a better product out there for our needs I would like to find it.

Miles has a baby sock on his foot, under the boot, but is is not high enough to cover his ankles. If I use a larger sock there is too much fabric and it makes the boot too tight. I wrap Saran Wrap around his ankles to ease the friction, vet wrap goes around that, baby sock on his foot, then the boot goes over the whole thing. It takes a bit of time to get Miles ready to go out but he is really good about letting me wrap him up and put on the boots.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, Neo Paws. they are great, and easy to work with,, and i think they are based in Canada

they have a couple different styles, but mostly that have great cushioning, and enough material that comes up the foot/leg that they stay on very well

my boy never needed baby socks in addition to the neopaws

good luck

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14