Milky Way Has A Back Injury

Saturday night I posted in a panic about thinking Milky Way was having some sort of neurological reaction to advantix. (he was shaking and kicking his back right leg out but could not get balance on it) I soaped him down at midnight in the front yard with dawn frantically trying to get the medicine off him, poor fella. Sunday morning he was still having issues so we went to the e-vet. They did a quick evaluation and said nothing seemed off , he acted 100% fine while at the e-vets, they were pretty sure he wasn't having a reaction. They suggested we contact our normal vet Monday. So today I took off and took him to our normal vet who knows him. She had him perform a series of things and noticed when she ran her fingers across a certain part of his back he let his back right leg drop down. She thinks he has some sort of back issue going on, possibly just a small strain, possibly a pinched nerve, possibly a disk issue, possibly just an aging weak spot. She did ID the area on the back she thinks the issue is coming from, just past the ribs there are about three vertebra that were a bit sensitive. For the moment she suggested we get him on some anti-inflammatory meds, muscle relaxers, and strict rest. His symptoms are when he gets up he is a little shaky on his back right leg after about 3-4 steps he is fine and has no problem other than the occasional shake here or there. He has no problem going potty and puts all his weight on his right leg to lift his left, no issues going number 2 either. So the game plan is to see how he does on the meds course then we will re-evaluate in a week.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

They didn't do an x-ray?

I just went though some back issues with Sparks. He was on tramadol and prednisone. He was not allowed to move other than going outside to potty for the first 2 weeks. He's still on restricted activity but he's able to walk around the house now.

Hope he's ok soon

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

it is probably not a reaction to the Advantix, more likely a reaction to his REACTION to it. Sounds like with his kicking he might have thrown something out of whack.