Help-Now His Foot Is Swollen

Guest ktarantino

Guest ktarantino

Hi All,

So Freddy has osteo (dx two months ago) the tumor is huge in his front leg..today we noticed out of nowhere that his foot (on the osteo leg) is really swollen. Any ideas what might cause this.and a blister has formed on the tumor..maybe from licking it.

Hi All,

So Freddy has osteo (dx two months ago) the tumor is huge in his front leg..today we noticed out of nowhere that his foot (on the osteo leg) is really swollen. Any ideas what might cause this.and a blister has formed on the tumor..maybe from licking it.

I would definitely call your vet regarding the swollen foot. I really don't know if the following statement is true but common sense would tell me that if the tumor is huge, it might be placing pressure on the blood vessels thereby restricting blood flow. Perhaps others are more knowledgeable. Don't know about the blister.

I am so sorry that you and Freddy are facing this horrible disease.

Jane

Guest Flysmom

Although my Fly did not have OS, he had Fibrosarcoma, 4 weeks after the started to limp his paw started to swell up. The tumor was pressing on his arteries/veins and lymphatic system.

Please, call your vet and talk to him and see if there is anything they can do to help the swelling.

I am very sorry about the dx! Sending you and Freddy hugs!

I would check with the vet right away. My father passed away from cancer this year and his tumor had "come out" of his body (I forget what the specific condition was called). It started with a blister, then another and eventually it came out in one place then in other places. Sorry if I'm frightening you and I have no idea if it's the same thing... but I do remember at the beginning, it was described as a blister. They actually thought at first that it was shingles.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance