Update On Licking Of Paws

Guest greytmomof4

Guest greytmomof4

I had Mocha to the vet this morning and as soon as she looked at his paws she said, she is almost sure it is contact dermatitis. She believes that it is something he is coming in contact with outdoors. I have to bath his feet and also have a spray to use on them three times a day. I need to purchase booties for him to wear when he goes outside. His furry sisters are gonna laugh at him with booties on his feet.

She said that she has been seeing a lot of dogs right now with allergies, and more so this year then last year. It has been really dry hot and dry this summer for us.

Today we are getting a lot of rain so hopefully that will help too. He has not licked his paws at all yet today and I haven't even used the medicine yet or booties.

So I guess time will tell.

I appreciate everyones feed back on my first posting about his feet.

Lori

That's great that the mystery is solved. That's the most difficult part. Once you know for sure what you're dealing with, you will have the method of attack.

Hope the good progress continues

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless