Is Yellow Squash Ok For Greys?

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

I am making my homemade dog food for pancreatitis pups and hoping it's ok to feed yellow squash. What do you think? Thanks!

p.s. what about a dash of garlic powder?

Edited by argolola

When I was cooking for Cody, per his holistic vet, he was getting any kind of squash, carrots, beans, peas, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, no corn. He loved it all. Served all the fresh veggies with pork loin, mackeral, salmon, lean hamburg, I cooked every other day, God bless the microwave. I also made brown rice and pasta, did this for about three years, worth every penny and every minute it took, wish he was still here for me to cook for.

Miss ya big guy.

Guest FullMetalFrank

When I make my dried sweet potato treats, I use some dehydrated garlic flakes in the water I par boil them in; the garlic pieces are big enough that they can easily be removed from the sweet potato pieces before I dehydrate them, so only a very little essence of garlic is included; it adds some flavor. Maybe something similar could be done with the squash? Frank, BTW, loves all types of squash, raw or cooked; I always give him a piece when I am prepping veggies. Wishing Rudy good health with his Mom-prepared diet!