Up Date On Gracie's Foot

Guest kelli123

A FNA is a very simple procedure. The Dr just draws (aspirates) some cells from the area in question and sprays the sample onto a microscope slide. The slide is then prepared and then examined. If your vet isn't comfortable viewing the slide it can be sent to the lab (or Dr Couto) where a path Dr can examine it. To your pup it's no different feeling than getting a vaccine.

I wanted to add that you don't always get an answer with. FNA but, it's a great place to start.

Edited by tbhounds

Any new news on Gracie?

Did you whack her with a Bible? (it makes some sense, but it still makes me smile)

You have to actually whack the cyst, not just the dog. It's not like faith healing where you can smack her upside the head and cry Be Healed! :lol:lol:lol

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest kelli123

No Whacking with the bible yet. We will call for the needle aspiration after the weekend So i will no more then. She hasn't been limping on the back foot for the last couple days ,and the Bible bump seems to be the same size for now . But now she is limping on her front leg. So what the heck ?

:headwall:headwall:devil:devil

IF this all don't stop i will hit my self in the head :headwall

All of this is driving me crazy :youcrazy So many dogs are being newly diagnosed on this board with osteo that it is just heart breaking. And it is always in the back of my mind when one of my babies limp.

Having lost our big big love bug Geno to this awful Crap I hate it .. On A good note she is here Barking at me right now because she wants a treat and she seems to be feeling great. So Dad the girls and I will have a great weekend and try to forget about it for a couple of days and just have fun.

Guest greytloves

I feel your pain. After you lose one to it and see posts out here on it you tend to go a little whacko. Been there, done that recently. Maybe she overcompensated on the front and hurt it. That is a very distinct possibility. My girl had a corn that had to be removed but a few DAYS prior to seeing vet for it she hurt the other leg to the point of screaming every time she stood up during a weekend no less. Needless to say by Monday I was a quivering basket case. But doc was right, remove corn, obliged me by x raying about 10 differnt areas, rest and she recovered the other leg. So, try to let her rest and enjoy the weekend and get her to the vet to aspirate and while there see if the other leg should be checked out. Good luck and keep us updated!

dang it. no spell check. I depend on that!