The Potty Yard Is Working!

Guest Wasserbuffel

Guest Wasserbuffel

It's sad I'm so excited over this, but I am. I built a turnout pen for Jayne about a week or so after we got her so she would potty in one place in the yard. She's been turned into it for every potty time for the last four months. There have been occasional oopses when we're out playing in the yard, but that's ok. But, yesterday we had a group of dogs over for a play-date. We were all out in the yard and Jayne chose to use her potty area TWICE! I'm especially glad as earlier in the day my poo scooper got broken, it was run into by a mower.

That's wonderful! My previous dogs (non-grey) were area trained and all our dogs when we were kids were also area trained. I have never understood why people don't do it, it's so easy and you never have to worry about ick in your lawn or those unattractive dead spots, LOL. But that being said... I do find my grey is more resistant to being area trained, though, than my other dogs. Guess I'll just have to work harder!

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance